Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1466 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2012 11:32 AM by Ex_Brit RSS
dxbrown77 Newcomer 4 posts since
May 11, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 11, 2012 9:50 AM

May 9th 2012 upgrade to Security Center kills IIS

Hi,

After the 5/9/2012 upgrade was pushed down to my machine and I restarted, I could no longer run

the Developer version of MS IIS (the Microsoft web server) that I have installed on my workstation.

The symptoms I experienced were 1. An inability to display any page requested from localhost.

2. An inability to display the IIS admin interface after clicking on the icon I have for it on my desktop.

3. IIS Admin didn't even appear in the list of Windows services.

And no, no there were no other changes to system files that could have caused this.  I've

got Windows Update on a short leash too and I generally avoid installing new software

like the plague.

I immediately dropped back to the drive image I had backed up from the day before.  I'm afraid to

upgrade McAfee now as I need IIS for my work.

I am running Windows XP Professional edition service pack 3,   Build 11.0.064 of Security Center. My question is

can anyone from McAfee assure me the same thing won't happen again if I upgrade?  I am

losing a lot of time backing up changed files and folder, restoring an entire clean image and

then restoring the changed files/folder manually.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points