Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is locked
18750 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2014 6:51 AM by Ex_Brit RSS Branched to a new discussion. 1 2 Previous Next
imageman Newcomer 15 posts since
Mar 31, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 6, 2012 12:48 PM

How to get rid of the McAfee Popups?

Windows 7 64bit  /  McAfee (free with Dell)

How do I stop these interruptive McAfee popups! They are distracting me from my work, and if they can't be stopped I'm going to uninstall the utility? I did an Internet search and the solutions were all years old - Help Appreciated, IM

• Jayadeep NR McAfeeSME 350 posts since
    Dec 20, 2010
    1. Apr 6, 2012 1:24 PM (in response to imageman)
    Re: How to get rid of the McAfee Popups?

Hi There,

We need some information,

• Have you installed Service Pack 1?
    • Version of SecurityCenter with Build
    • Version of Internet Explorer with Cypher Strength
    • What kind of pop-ups you are receiving ? ( like Advts or Security relates information from McAfee )

Thanks and regards,

Jayadeep NR
    McAfee SME

If you find this post helpful, a click upon Helpful Answer button at bottom would always be appreciated.
    If it also solves your problem, clicking Correct Answer below it will benefit other users!
  • chris3145 Newcomer 1 posts since
    Apr 10, 2012
    2. Apr 10, 2012 11:28 AM (in response to Jayadeep NR)

Here is what I'm regularly getting:mcafee ad.png

Here is my "About" screen:mcafee about.png

• Dinz Master 3,223 posts since
    Oct 13, 2009
    3. Apr 10, 2012 12:02 PM (in response to chris3145)

Hi Chris,

Those are McAfee advertisements send to users from our data base to relay important messages at times. The importance of these are - exclusive offers and important updates are delivered to our customers through these pop up messages .  You can choose Act later/Ignore so that they go away and unfortunately we don’t have an option to stop them as they are server controlled !

Regards,

Dinesh
    Ex Community Admin
  • k3tg Veteran 870 posts since
    May 22, 2007
    5. Apr 10, 2012 4:34 PM (in response to imageman)

You can vote on this issue here "Never show me pop-up ads" option

We mods have mentioned this over and over to the marketing department that customers do not appreciate these pop ups.  We have not been able to convince them so voting on this issue might someday convince them otherwise.

Message was edited by: k3tg to correct spelling on 4/10/12 5:34:35 PM EDT

Tom K3TG

Volunteer Moderator
  • Peacekeeper Volunteer Moderator 21,357 posts since
    Nov 23, 2002
    6. Apr 10, 2012 5:26 PM (in response to k3tg)

I also feel they are a Dell iniative as well as several posters who are mentioning them state they are dell users and Dell is mentioned in the popup. You are not near the expiry date are you?

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator
    Mcafee Total Protection 7.0 beta, Windows 8 64bit
    No Unrequested PMs please
    Do you have an idea for improving McAfee products? Please share it in the new Ideas community space!  NOTE: You must register an account first.

• mkgregg Newcomer 5 posts since
    Jun 13, 2012
    7. Jun 13, 2012 7:18 AM (in response to imageman)

Hi, I have a Popup from McAfee about "Family Protection" that appears on my screen no less than 8 times A DAY. It is so annoying it interupts my day and is verging on SPAM, please reply with a solution as I'm starting to look at other software and remove McAfee from all of our computers. P.S. this Popup started after I added a computer to the licence.

Message was edited by: mkgregg on 13/06/12 7:18:22 AM
  • Peacekeeper Volunteer Moderator 21,357 posts since
    Nov 23, 2002
    8. Jun 13, 2012 3:49 PM (in response to mkgregg)

Two questions

1. Did you exceed the number of computers your licence is valid for?

2. Is your PC a Dell and does the popup say Dell on top of the popup like the example above?

MY wife's PC is a standard licence and she never sees these ads. Ok when my licence was 1 mth and closer to expiry the ads and emails were a tad annoying .

If possible can you include a pic of the popup as we mods are actively chasing McAfee up re these and the affect they have on users.

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator
    Mcafee Total Protection 7.0 beta, Windows 8 64bit
    No Unrequested PMs please
    Do you have an idea for improving McAfee products? Please share it in the new Ideas community space!  NOTE: You must register an account first.

• mkgregg Newcomer 5 posts since
    Jun 13, 2012
    9. Jun 13, 2012 6:10 PM (in response to Peacekeeper)

Hi Peacekeeper

Question 1. No (I can have up to 5 computers on my licence and I only have 2).

Question 2. Yes our computers are Dell however the popup is slightly different to the one shown above. (I'm located in Australia).

Also when the licence was coming up for renewal I received a few of the popup reminders, however, this current popup is so annoying as I don't want "Family Protection" and our renewal isn't due until sometime next year. McAfee is harrassing me to purchase "Family Protection" and I'm sure that this popup will continue until I purchase it (which I'm not going to do). This is SPAM and needs to be reported.

I'll post a copy of the popup when it appears later today.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points