I know this will not make any difference to currenct situation by telling that you should have tried this on cloned image. but for future reference please note that if you are perfroming force decrpytion then take clone image of hdd and perform force decryption on clonned image.
as nothing can undone Follow the below steps (never done this but it should work)
1. boot system with Safetech
2. select algoritham (11)
4. click on Workspace menu
5. Open Workspace
6. Again click on Workspace Menu > load from sectors
7. Start Sector = 63
8. Click ok
9. Agian go in Workspace menu and click on Encrypt WorkSpace (the sector 63 should roll back to its previous status)
now without closing workspace , change the algoritham to 12
and decrpyt sector 63
1. click on Workspace menu
2. Open Workspace
3. Again click on Workspace Menu > load from sectors
4. Start Sector = 63
5. Click ok
6. Agian go in Workspace menu and click on Decrypt WorkSpace(the sector 63 should roll back to its previous status)
Note: above steps will not change anything on your currect status as everything will be done in workspace and we are not saving those changes on HDD.
after following above STEPS if you can read "NTLDR IS MISSING" right side bottom of workspace then make a clone image of HDD and, force fully encrypt HDD with algoritham 11 and then decrpyt it with correct algoritham 12
Message was edited by: rbdudani on 3/29/12 9:24:20 AM CDT
Thanks, I would usually have cloned, but it was one of those days where the EU was leaping up and down next to my desk every 5 minutes .... time to reverse the process
Once I'm back to where I was a week ago, what's going to be the best way to get the data off?