2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2012 4:35 AM by Peacekeeper RSS

How can I tell if my Online Backup was installed and updated?

snicker8506

I need a little help if anyone has some ideas.  I bought the Online Back up product a couple of weeks ago, downloaded it and set it up.  I checked what I wanted backed up (lots of pictures) and it sadi it coupld take up to 1 week 2 days.  the next message was to wait while Online Backup configured.  This screen stayed up for a few days, unitl my daughter turned the computer off and now it doesn come back up.  How can I check if it actually had started to back up, what percent of the way though, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: How can I tell if my Online Backup was installed and updated?
          snicker8506

By reading through some ot the other posts (guess I could have started there before posting), Start / Programs and saw that it appeared to be installed.  When i opened it upand selected  McAfee Online Backup Status, I get a status update stating that my files had been backed up (33GB) in the last 12 hours.  When I clicked  "history"  I could see the two times it had failed (CancelError2) to backup -- once automatic and once manually.  Then I saw that the entire file set had updated on 3/22 via manual start.  This first backup took 28 h 52 min, so I guess my "premium broadband"  acelerated the process. The whole "1 week 2 day" thing was a bit of an over estimation from McAfee?

My next two updates occured at 4 day intervals and took an average of 2 min.

• 2. Re: How can I tell if my Online Backup was installed and updated?
            Peacekeeper

So are you Ok now if so make this as answered (by yourself)