9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2012 4:14 AM by Peacekeeper RSS

False Artemis!EA896CFE4FD ENGINE.EXE  NOT A TROJAN!!! McAffee Keeps Deleting My Program!

False Artemis! EA896CFE4FD

New DaT update has disabled my program

McAfee DaT update 2 days ago now McAfee says my favorite program is a virus.. it

is not. I have run scan with diferent software  (TrendMicro Housecall  AGV ) and all my

computers and network is clean and all say the program - Artemis!

EA896CFE4FD ENGINE.EXE -  is not a virus or Trojan.

Please fix this or make it so I can add this item to a trusted list. 

4 days ( 2 1/2 days of mcaffe non english speaking techs) now and they have done nothing but ask me to give them $89.00 dollars per computer to remove the file from my computers LOL ( I have 3 networked so I guess they see $$)  The file is not a virus or a trojan.  And yes I had to find this forum and everything all by myself.

Anyone know how to stop Mcafee from quaranteening this file? Or making it a trusted file?

I have been a loyal customer for almost a decade to mcaffee and I have ran this program for 7 years with mcaffe with little issue ( I have Mcaffe quaranteen recored on my computer they have had issue with this file since 2008 but this is first time they have not allowed me to start the program, see 1st image below as proof), this is not very cool , it seems only mcafee is saying this file is a trojan, even mcafee's own Stinger stand alone scanner says it is not a trojan.

File for Kalonline MMORPG game.

I received this when I was able to send an email to Virus_Research@avertlabs.com and recived this email responce below , if you want to try and send a false positive to Mcaffee tech suoport for evaluation ( LOL) check this thread https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016  may take you several time reading and trying to send the file but it will work almost imedatly with a auto resaponce if you do it right , yes it took me 1 whole day to figure out that I did it wrong and I had to keep trying and sending my 6 mb file till I got just like they want it, key is the auto responce will let you know quickly that they recived the email -

McAfee Labs - Beaverton                                                               

Current Scan Engine Version:5400.1158                                                 

Current DAT Version:6656.0000                                                         

Thank you for your submission.                                                        

Analysis ID: 6964540

File Name                    Findings                                             Detection                  

Type                Extra

--------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------- |------------|-----

engine.exe          |inconclusive                  |                            |  

inconclusive [engine.exe]

Automated analysis was not able to determine that this file is malware. This file

being sent for further processing and the DAT files will potentially be updated if    

detection of this sample is warranted.                                                

Note –                                                                                 

Due to the prevalence of network gateway AV products, it is important that all        

submissions be zipped and the zip file password-protected (password - infected). Some 

products will reject an email that contains a virus that is not sent in this way. In  

addition, often we receive a file that appears not to have been infected, to find     

later that the file was infected when it left the sender, and was cleaned somewhere   

along the line.                                                                       

McAfee Labs

mcafeefalsepositive.jpg                                                  FalseArtemis2.jpg

It is hard waiting day after day for the tech supoort to even answer email and this forum. Even harder to talk to an eourpean tech who can not speak english and try and explain what is going on. They need to resolve this soon (yes I need my game) OR  I must fire Mcaffee as my virus stoper and go to another company that can take care of it's customers.

I contacted AVG anti virus (March 25 2012) And I found out their antivrus program thats is a comparable level to the McAfee I use has a feature to make this type of file a trusted file. Cost is slightly more for my 3 computers, I am considering it. I will update this post as to what happens with McAfee tech support, moderators of this forum, how they deal with this and what I end up doing.  As of now they have not contacted me, answred my question here or fixed the false positive.

Message was edited by: nova on 3/25/12 1:56:30 PM MDT