Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
2499 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2012 3:51 PM by map1405 RSS
map1405 Newcomer 3 posts since
Mar 20, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 20, 2012 8:22 PM

Anti-Theft Vault not showing

I created a new vault and added all my files into the vault.  Now my vault is showing with a red circle on the left of it (through Computer > Mcafee Vaults)  and none of my files are showing for viewing.  This was working last night when I created it.  Please help!!  I also went to C:\\AppData\Local\McAfee Anti-Theft and the vault will not open.  PLEASE HELP!

• Dinz Master 3,223 posts since
    Oct 13, 2009
    1. Mar 21, 2012 6:59 AM (in response to map1405)
    Re: Anti-Theft Vault not showing

Hi map1405,

Are you getting any errors while clicking on the McAfee vault ?

Please click on Start – All Programs – McAfee – Antitheft and check if the vault opens from  here ?

Please run MVT from here : http://mvt.mcafee.com and check if it reports any errors with the products installed ?

Regards,

Dinesh
    Ex Community Admin
  • adityathakur13 Newcomer 1 posts since
    Apr 11, 2012
    3. Apr 11, 2012 5:41 AM (in response to map1405)

Hey,

I am facing the exact same problem. My vault was working for a few months then one day it just disappeared. I called customer care but they were not able to help. The MVT did the same thing like with map1405. It said it fixed some registry files but still I couldn't see anything. Then recently I tried creating a new vault and as soon as I created it, i could see it and I left it open but when i closed the folder and then came back it was also gone. And while creating the new vault I gave it the name of the old vault and it said that this file already exists. So the vault and my data is safe but I have no idea how to recover it.

Can someone please help. And if you could tell us how to recover the files could you also tell us how to uninstall this stupid feature of McAfee. I am no longer gonna use this feature even if I learn how to recover the files.

Will uninstalling the whole software help?

• JaiPrakash Champion 457 posts since
    Nov 5, 2009
    4. Apr 11, 2012 3:18 PM (in response to adityathakur13)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused , to recover the vault data .Set windows to show hidden files.

1. Click the Windows Orb and select Computer.
    2. Click the Organize button and select Folder and Search Options.
    3. Click the View tab.
    4. Under Advanced Settings, uncheck the box beside Hide protected operating system files.
    5. OK.

You can find the Vault files in the below location

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\McAfee Anti-Theft

But if you are interested in getting this issue fixed , please click on Useful links at the top of this page and click on Technical support so as technicians would help you get the issue fixed.

Thanks

Thanks,
    Jai Prakash

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points