Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
19312 Views 98 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2012 3:17 PM by Peacekeeper RSS Go to original post 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next
  • Peacekeeper Volunteer Moderator 21,338 posts since
    Nov 23, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    90. Mar 12, 2012 9:53 PM (in response to newjack)
    Re: Mcafee/Windows action center protection Delay

AC as well as being a MS produict is saying windows firewall and defender are off as well as Mcafee so it really is their issue I feel. Good to see that things are moving will update you if I hear anythiing

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator
    Mcafee Total Protection 7.0 beta, Windows 8 64bit
    No Unrequested PMs please
    Do you have an idea for improving McAfee products? Please share it in the new Ideas community space!  NOTE: You must register an account first.

• woody123 Newcomer 1 posts since
    Apr 27, 2012
    92. Apr 27, 2012 11:37 PM (in response to newjack)

I just spent 25 minutes with the McAfee Tech Support chat trying to trouble shoot this exact problem.  They reset my Internet Explorer settings and then told me everything was fixed.  I told them that the problem would return when I restarted and they assured me it would not.  When I restarted and AC still reported McAfee not running, I found this thread.  It is very frustrating that this has been a known problem for years and McAfee has not even informed their tech support about it.  If I don't hear of resolution on this issue soon I will be removing McAfee to find another anti-virus software.

Nov 23, 2002
    93. Apr 27, 2012 11:46 PM (in response to woody123)

Well Microsoft contacted my Tech support contact and said it was fixed. I immediately tested it and send him a pic of the red errors in action Centre so MS really does not know what the cause is yet as the fix failed.

It really is in MS's hands now Nothing tech support can do will help..

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator
    Do you have an idea for improving McAfee products? Please share it in the new Ideas community space!  NOTE: You must register an account first.

• garyb0125 Newcomer 3 posts since
    May 22, 2012
    94. May 22, 2012 7:47 AM (in response to Peacekeeper)

Hello,

I just recently installed Internet Security Center on a Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit machine and am experiencing the same problem as described (delay in Windows action center recognizing Mcafee anit-virus and firewall). I was wondering if there's been any progress on this since the last post almost a month ago. Apologize in advance if I've not followed correct policies/procedures as I just joined the community. Thanks for your help.

Nov 23, 2002
    95. May 22, 2012 5:10 PM (in response to garyb0125)

well microsoft has been handed this and though they have told Mcafee it has been fixed I reported back no it is not. So in summary they Mcafee and MS are working on it.

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator

• arthurz Newcomer 6 posts since
    Nov 10, 2010
    96. Oct 27, 2012 7:01 PM (in response to Peacekeeper)

Just popping up to say after numerous, almost biweekly updates, on Oct. 27, 2012, McAfee build 15.6.231 I am surprised to see this issue is still NOT fixed.

Nov 23, 2002
    97. Oct 28, 2012 1:08 AM (in response to arthurz)

Hmm on 12.1 the new beta and same issue I really is omly a 90 sec annoyance and detections appear to still happen but I will remind the techs that this is is still not fixed

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator

Nov 23, 2002
    98. Oct 29, 2012 3:17 PM (in response to Peacekeeper)

Checked and Microsoft isue that only can be fixed by  MS. It is not a Mcafee issue that they can fix sorry.

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points