1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2012 5:54 AM by ddzoole RSS

How to decrypt the haddrive

ddzoole

Hi

My Hp  ProBook laptop is presanting with an error message when booting up Error EE050014. This is causing the laptop not to proceed with booting. I tried to use a McAfee CD to decrypt my Had drive but am asked for an Encryption Code of the day. The problem is, the antivirus am having is unregistered and therefore, i don't have a grant number to log in and download the encryption code of the day. It was pre installed with the operating system. Anything else I can do to resolve this problem?

• 1. Re: How to decrypt the haddrive
          Dinz

Hi Daniel,

Please let us know if you are using Virus Scan Enterprise or Total protection service , which of these programs  so we shall move this thread to the appropriate section for an expert from our Enterprise section to take care of your  issue.

Thanks,

• 2. Re: How to decrypt the haddrive
            ddzoole

Hi Dinz

Thanks for your help. Am using Total protection service.

Look forward to hear from you

Daniel

• 3. Re: How to decrypt the haddrive
              tyomni

Hm. Any updates? I am interested how are they going to find Encryption code if You were using unregistered version? Or it is the same for all?

• 4. Re: How to decrypt the haddrive
                SafeBoot

Are you sure you're using a McAfee product? I think you might be using a HP product instead...

Help - I have a problem with Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools

• 5. Re: How to decrypt the haddrive
                  ddzoole

My Laptop is Hp ProBook 4430s and have been in use for the past  year. The antivirus that has been in use is McAfee total protection. When booting up, it is coming up with error EE050014 and this error a McAfee error code.

So, am confused with your suggestion. May be if you can shade more light on it.

• 6. Re: How to decrypt the haddrive
                    thecreator

Daniel Banda wrote:

My Laptop is Hp ProBook 4430s and have been in use for the past  year. The antivirus that has been in use is McAfee total protection. When booting up, it is coming up with error EE050014 and this error a McAfee error code.

So, am confused with your suggestion. May be if you can shade more light on it.

Hi Daniel Banda,

Click on the link that SafeBoot supplied.

It would help others to help you, if you were to reboot and if you can take a digital pictue of the error code and post it in a reply, if you can't do a PrtScrn Snapshot of the Error message.

Can you boot into the operating system?

What do you mean that you are using an unregistered copy of McAfee Total Protection? Have you been receiving DAT Updates? Have you tried to uninstall McAfee Total Protection?

• 7. Re: How to decrypt the haddrive
                      ddzoole

Hi thecreator

Thanks for your help.

I cant log in to my computer. The first window that is coming is the error message, thus soon after the post screen.

I have seen the link that saveboot has posted. I think DiskTech can help me recover my files and then I can just format the PC. Am trying to search it on Hp support website but I cant find it. Any link that I can download it?

The McAfee antivirus am using was activated with a trial license and has expired. Thats what I meant when saing unlicensed antivirus.

• 8. Re: How to decrypt the haddrive
                        SafeBoot

How can we help you here Daniel? I'm not sure what to say as you don't seem to be using any McAfee products...

• 9. Re: How to decrypt the haddrive
                          thecreator

Daniel Banda wrote:

Hi thecreator

Thanks for your help.

I cant log in to my computer. The first window that is coming is the error message, thus soon after the post screen.

I have seen the link that saveboot has posted. I think DiskTech can help me recover my files and then I can just format the PC. Am trying to search it on Hp support website but I cant find it. Any link that I can download it?

The McAfee antivirus am using was activated with a trial license and has expired. Thats what I meant when saing unlicensed antivirus.

Hi Daniel Banda,

What is the operating system and Service Pack Level plus Bit, 32 or 64?

Did you install a Service Pack , while McAfee was still installed?

Have you tried booting up in Safe Mode, by tapping the F8 Function Key while the computer starts booting up? Do you own an External Hard Drive to copy your Documents to?

1 2 Previous Next