1 2 3 4 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2011 10:20 AM by exbrit Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Uninstall McAfee Security Center 2010
        exbrit

I should qualify my statement above.  Under normal circumstances McAfee, or any other software for that matter, should uninstall without hesitation, it's only when the registry gets messed up by whatever means that this sort of thing happens.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/12/11 9:48:48 EST AM
        • 31. Re: Uninstall McAfee Security Center 2010
          thecreator

buddy4344 wrote:

Thanks Peter.  The Forum was of high value to me.  My stress level dropped several notches, but once burned ....

The Dell on-line support chat opens at 9 a.m. Central Time.  I will try to connect there and see if they have advice.

Of course I am running unprotected at the moment.  Do you advise that  I go ahead and load on the Norton 360?

Hi buddy4344,

Out of curiousity, why did you go with Norton 360?

Here is a link on Dell for your Dw-1525: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19311278/19615292.a spx

Download the new Drivers for your Dell DW-1525 Adapter. The Drivers might have been corrupted.

• 32. Re: Uninstall McAfee Security Center 2010
            exbrit

I just edited post #27 with some caveats - in case it effects you or anyone else reading this thread.

• 33. Re: Uninstall McAfee Security Center 2010

I understand, but had a multicomputer copy of Norton.

I just finished a session with Dell online support.  They removed all of the miniports and also the DW152 driver then reinstalled the new updated version of the DW152 driver.  Everything seems to be working better now.  They also recommended (almost pushed) me adding Iolo System Mechanic to keep computer cleaned up.

• 34. Re: Uninstall McAfee Security Center 2010
                exbrit

buddy4344 wrote:

I understand, but had a multicomputer copy of Norton.

I just finished a session with Dell online support.  They removed all of the miniports and also the DW152 driver then reinstalled the new updated version of the DW152 driver.  Everything seems to be working better now.  They also recommended (almost pushed) me adding Iolo System Mechanic to keep computer cleaned up.

They pushed that because System Mechanic pay them to push it on people.  You use registry cleaners at your own risk but believe me, they are the prime suspects when software and even hardware starts to malfunction.

Caveat emptor...buyer beware.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next