1 2 Previous Next 14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2011 6:29 AM by Ex_Brit Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: how do i get rid of Mcafee antivirus file system filter driver

I am posting this reply for those of you who may have experienced this problem recently, I know the original post is dated 2008 but like me you might find yourself needing this solution in 2010.  I did not like any of the answers provided in this thread as it is what I would consider too technical for the average user.  If you go in regedit and delete the wrong file you can potentially render your computer useless so I caution against using that method to get rid of Mcafee antivirus file system filter driver.  I found this download and it worked like a charm, was quick simple and easy.  I am providing the link below.  Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Step 1 - Uninstall your McAfee consumer products using Add/Remove  Programs in the Windows Control Panel Windows 2000/XP

1. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel.
        2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
        3. Select the McAfee SecurityCenter product.
        4. Click Remove and follow the steps provided.

Windows Vista \ 7

1. Click Start, Search, type Programs and Features,  and click Go.
        2. Double-click Programs and Features.
        3. Select the McAfee SecurityCenter product.
        4. Click Uninstall and follow the steps provided.

Step 2 - Download and run MCPR.exe

1. Download the removal tool from: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
        2. Click Save and save the file to a folder on your  computer.
        3. Navigate to the folder where the file was saved.
        4. Make sure all McAfee windows are closed.
        5. Double-click MCPR.exe to run the removal tool.

NOTE: Windows Vista users must right-click MCPR.exe and  select Run as Administrator.

6. Restart your computer after receiving the message CleanUp  Successful.
          Your McAfee product will not be fully removed until the system is  restarted.

If the message Cleanup Unsuccessful is displayed, follow the  steps below to view and save your MCPR log files for analysis by  Technical Support.

Saving troubleshooting logs

1. On the Cleanup Unsuccessful notification dialog, click View  Logs.
        2. Your troubleshooting logs will open in a Notepad window. Click FileSave As, and save the file to your Desktop. Name the file MCPR_date.txt (for example: MCPR_Jan10_08.txt).
        3. Contact McAfee Technical Support and provide the log file  to your technician for troubleshooting.

When all McAfee products are removed from your computer, continue to Step  3.

Step 3 - Reinstall your McAfee Products

NOTE: Refer to the  instructions from the partner you purchased your McAfee consumer product  from, or reinstall using the following partner links:

• 11. Re: how do i get rid of Mcafee antivirus file system filter driver
          Ex_Brit

Thanks but I think the OP solved this ages ago and MCPR wont work with Enterprise VirusScan if it is that product (for anyone else reading this)..

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/05/10 3:27:34 EDT PM
          • 12. Re: how do i get rid of Mcafee antivirus file system filter driver
            eternalfaith

This happend to me too PLEASE FIX IT OR GIVE ME A LINK SO I CAN FIGURE OUT PLEASE !

• 13. Re: how do i get rid of Mcafee antivirus file system filter driver
              secured2k

The third earlier post in this thread has instructions and a link to the mcpr tool. If you are having an issue with virusscan enterprise being detected or previously installed, then you should try the forced uninstall instructions for vse 7.1 and newer as described in the corporate knowledge base. If you need further help, you may get a better response by starting a new post in the virusscan enterprise section if this is the product you have issues with. Otherwise, the MCPR tool will remove mcafee consumer products.

• 14. Re: how do i get rid of Mcafee antivirus file system filter driver
                Ex_Brit

Locking  thread as too old.   MCPR cleanup tool for the consumer (home) products only is HERE.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/10/11 7:29:32 EDT AM
                1 2 Previous Next