Skip navigation
McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
2045 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2011 1:02 PM by April Jacobs RSS
Hayton Volunteer Moderator 4,601 posts since
Sep 27, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 7, 2011 3:59 PM

Can we mark posts as 'sticky'?

I've been looking through old blogs, documents and posts for information about Fake AV's and McAfee's handling of them. There's a lot of very relevant information there, but it's all scattered around and really needs to be syncretised - and then posted in some prominent place where it will remain in view. I believe Tony (Peacekeeper) has recently raised the point about 'sticky' posts : other forums have them, so is it possible to do it here? Knowing Jive, it may well be possible but they just forgot to document it.

Volunteer Moderator  Leeds, UK
No PM's please
  • ConorD62 Champion 586 posts since
    Apr 9, 2010
    1. Jun 7, 2011 4:02 PM (in response to Hayton)
    Re: Can we mark posts as 'sticky'?

A sticky or a 'pinned' post would do nicely.

If you need any help, please send me a message, the same goes for any malware questions.
  • Peacekeeper Volunteer Moderator 21,354 posts since
    Nov 23, 2002
    2. Jun 7, 2011 4:04 PM (in response to Hayton)

Not that I remember April will know. If we could they would be there by now.

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator
    Mcafee Total Protection 7.0 beta, Windows 8 64bit
    No Unrequested PMs please
    Do you have an idea for improving McAfee products? Please share it in the new Ideas community space!  NOTE: You must register an account first.

• April Jacobs McAfee Employee 1,516 posts since
    Nov 1, 2009
    3. Jun 15, 2011 3:49 PM (in response to Peacekeeper)

Hi Hayton, Jive has a widget called "Featured Content" which essentially accomplishes this. The problem is this option is only available to admins! I have put in an "idea" with the vendor to allow mods to feature content, but this is a feature request as opposed to a bug report.

If you'd like, I could enable it, but you'd have to tell me what to feature. Lovely, I know.

• ConorD62 Champion 586 posts since
    Apr 9, 2010
    4. Jun 15, 2011 4:01 PM (in response to April Jacobs)

Another great feature down the drain.

If you need any help, please send me a message, the same goes for any malware questions.
    Nov 1, 2009
    6. Jun 16, 2011 10:31 AM (in response to Hayton)

The content itself can be created by anyone. An admin just clicks the button to feature it.

This option shows up in the Actions widget whenever the Featured Content widget is dropped down to a page. This is probably why it's linked to admins, however the ability to actually feature (or sticky) content in all 85 or so subspaces is something I'd freely grant to the moderators if I could. This is why you don't see any featured content widgets around.

Message was edited by: ajacobs on 6/16/11 10:31:34 AM CDT
    Nov 1, 2009
    8. Jun 16, 2011 1:02 PM (in response to Hayton)

Yep, that's the way it works. Please feel free to send me the links to content you want featured. Then I'll drag the widget down and feature it.

Note: Content can only be featured in the space where it resides. For instance, I couldn't feature SiteAdvisor content in the SecurityCenter space.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points