Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
4390 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2011 3:57 PM by Peacekeeper RSS 1 2 Previous Next
Churrasco Newcomer 13 posts since
Jan 1, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 1, 2011 9:06 PM

Can't play a game

McAfee keeps deleting my Zenoclash.exe file, how do I work around that?

I have tried sending an email to virus_research@avertlabs.com and malware_research@mcafee.com but since it's an exe file the system doesn't allows me to.

I have tried to send it on support, but apparently my account has been set up in the spanish site, and I can't find the "send file" click mentioned here http://www.mcafee.com/us/mcafee-labs/resources/how-to-submit-sample.aspx

I have tried setting up a new user account, but I dunno what's my Grant #

• Peacekeeper Volunteer Moderator 21,365 posts since
    Nov 23, 2002
    1. Jan 2, 2011 4:11 AM (in response to Churrasco)
    Re: Can't play a game
    • Email
      You may submit samples directly to McAfee Labs by attaching the file(s) in an email to malware_research@mcafee.com. When submitting samples via email, you must archive them in a password-protected Zip file with the password “infected” (all lowercase). For instructions on how to create a Zip file and password protect it, see these articles:

Using WinZip

Using Windows File Compression

Submission Information
    To help us speed the sample review process, please provide the following information along with your sample:

• A list of all files contained in the sample submission, including a brief description of where or how you found them
    • What symptoms cause you to suspect that the sample is malicious
    • Whether any security products find a virus (tell us the security vendor, its product name, the version number, and the virus name assigned to the sample)
    • Your McAfee product information (product name, engine, and .DAT version)
    • Any system details that may be relevant, including operating system and service packs

The click to send is for business users thought it is easy to send. First grab the file and copy it to your desktop and zip it up using a zip program. Password protect the file using password "infected" without the "s. No other file will be accepted when you email it to mcafee at the address mentioned with subject False +ve.  They should auto reply back saying it is infected. You then reply back asking them to recheck file and why and it should be cleared. All this takes 24hrs when I  did it.

Another way is check to see if it is quarantined if so hi-light it and send it to Mcafee via tab on Quarantined area. ( navigation/ Quarintined and trusted items.)

Both ways should work

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 2/01/11 8:11:20 PM

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator
    Mcafee Total Protection 7.0 beta, Windows 8 64bit
    No Unrequested PMs please
    Do you have an idea for improving McAfee products? Please share it in the new Ideas community space!  NOTE: You must register an account first.

Nov 23, 2002
    3. Jan 2, 2011 2:31 PM (in response to Churrasco)

What detects it Mcafee  or Mcafee labs email server or your ISP?

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator
    Do you have an idea for improving McAfee products? Please share it in the new Ideas community space!  NOTE: You must register an account first.

Nov 23, 2002
    5. Jan 2, 2011 9:32 PM (in response to Churrasco)

Understand now if it does not get fixed in 48hrs pm me and I will arrange you to post the file here but only when I am online to grab it and delete the file from the post. I will then resend it on your behalf.

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator

• Markovs Newcomer 3 posts since
    Jan 5, 2011
    6. Jan 5, 2011 4:50 AM (in response to Churrasco)

Hi,

I'd just like to add I am also experiancing this problem.

Running Win 7 Home Premium 64bit, McAfee SecurityCenter (sorry, haven't been able to find actual build/version, clicking on "Help" whisks me off to a webpage :/ )

As soon as I try to restore the quarantined file, McAfee snatchs it up again and I haven't been able to figure out how to add the detected threat to Trusted Items sub menu (though to be honest I'm not sure I want to and I have also not given this program much of a look as it had been behaving fairly well up until now).Posted the popup window below.

mcafee1.jpg

The developers of this game have acknowleged that this file is flagged as a false-positive by several AV programs here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1519165

Possible solution was posted here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1519165, comment #9, though it recommends disabling the option to "scan for viruses by identifying threat patterns", so not the best solution, but a solution nevertheless.

I await your reply in earnst Peacekeeper.

Regards,

Markovs

Nov 23, 2002
    7. Jan 5, 2011 3:36 PM (in response to Markovs)

Did you click on send to Mcafee?

Versions are shown in Navigation (top right) and then click about  (middle left)

You can try the disabling threat patterns and then emailing .or disabling threat patterns and running getsusp below it auto sends suspicious files to macfee for checking.

Churrasco  sorry was online 3pm central for a while. Try my suggestion below

- Join the McAfee Getsusp group at https://community.mcafee.com/groups/getsusp30-beta-feedback

You will have to ask there for Getsusp, which is a Beta program and not yet on general release.

Before you use Getsusp, you should go to this document

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1323

and download the PDF file explaining what Getsusp is and how it works, and this document

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1761

which downloads the installation guide PDF document.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 6/01/11 6:42:23 AM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 6/01/11 7:36:04 AM

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator

• Markovs Newcomer 3 posts since
    Jan 5, 2011
    8. Jan 6, 2011 2:45 AM (in response to Peacekeeper)

Ah lovely, thanks.

Running McAfee SC 10.5/Build 10.5.221

I have threat pattern dection disabled but keep running into an error (see below) when I try to send the file to McAfee for inspection.

mcafee2.jpg

Will try and get a hold of Getsusp...

• vinoo McAfee Employee 514 posts since
    Apr 9, 2010
    9. Jan 6, 2011 2:59 AM (in response to Markovs)

Zenoclash.exe has been added to the McAfee whitelist. Give it ~25 mins for the Artemis false detection to go away.

Thanks for reporting!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points