McAfee QuickClean allows you several options for clearing temporary, secure, or obsolete information from your computer. It also contains computer management tools that can improve the speed and performance of your computer. Moreover, we do not recommend using any othersecurity software or registry cleaners in the computer.
McAfee QuickClean has several cleaning tools available such as ;
- Recycle Bin Cleaner - Deletes items in your Recycle Bin.
- Temporary Files Cleaner - Deletes all files in your temporary directory.
- Shortcut Cleaner - Deletes shortcuts to folders or programs which no longer exist.
- Lost File Fragment Cleaner - Deletes file fragments no longer associated with a program.
- Registry Cleaner - Deletes registry keys no longer associated with a program.
- Cache Cleaner - Deletes your web browser cache.
- Cookie Cleaner - Deletes saved cookies.
- Browser History Cleaner - Clears the list of web sites you have recently visited.
- Outlook Express E-mail Cleaner (sent items) - Deletes the contents of the Outlook Express Sent Items folder.
- Outlook Express E-mail Cleaner (deleted items) - Deletes the contents of the Outlook Express Deleted Items folder.
- Outlook E-mail Cleaner (sent items) - Deletes the contents of the Outlook Sent Items folder.
- Outlook E-mail Cleaner (deleted items) - Deletes the contents of the Outlook Deleted Items folder.
- Recently Used Cleaner* - Clears the lists of recently accessed documents.
*Click Properties to clear the list of recently accessed files for available applications.
- ActiveX Cleaner - Deletes downloaded ActiveX installers.
- System Restore Point Cleaner - Clears old system restore points.
Please let us know if we still need any information on the same
McAfee Online Community Moderator
Thank you, I found everything but the Properties listed, to clear active x and old system restore points,it is not listed in the pc optomization panel, I have looked all over for those 2 items- nothing that I can identify as properties in this section- could this be missing in my upgrade? I am up to date I think-10.5.195-security center-just go update for virus scan-I will uninstall dell pc tune up if you think it will conflict with the new version. so far it has not , however I would not like any problems, I have run this product for years and have been very satisfied.please tell me where to look for properties- thanks
I've stopped using quick clean since upgrading to the new version 10 Internet Security Center, the reason being that the shred type option in quick clean that was available in previous versions is not available and I like to x7 comprehensively shred all my files in one hit. Mcafee have made quick clean a less secure option and I have recovered stuff quite easily as Quickclean only does a windows deletion, well it did the last time I used it. Come on guys at Mcafee surely it couldn't be that much of a problem to put back the shred option in Quickclean it was so handy.