Web Gateway Cloud Service: FAQ for Web Hybrid Customers

Version 2

Introduction

If you're reading this FAQ, we're assuming you started with the Web Gateway Cloud Service: Introduction first, AND you're using Web Hybrid.

FAQ

As a web hybrid customer you manage your organization's web policy with your on-premise Web Gateway, this Web Gateway syncs the policy to the cloud. Additionally you might be using ePO on-premise to manage MCP on the endpoints and once in a blue moon do you touch the SaaS Control Console for MCP credentials.

When should I move to the new Global Infrastructure?

When should I switch to ePO Cloud?

• At your leisure, but... renewals will automatically provision in ePO Cloud (so keep it in mind around that time).

Why should I switch to ePO Cloud?

• New features and products will be added which can only be managed from ePO Cloud.
      • If you only use ePO on-premise for managing MCP, this removes need to manage more servers on-premise.
      • It's included with your license.

How do I switch to ePO Cloud today?

• You can sign up for a trial at https://manage.mcafee.com
        • Trial account will not be associated with your permanent account until activated by McAfee account team
        • Valid for 60 days
      • Contact your account team to create a permanent account tied to your existing license.

What happens if I wait to switch?

• When you renew as a Web Hybrid customer, services will now be activated in the ePO Cloud (rather than the Control Console).
      • We will soon have an automated way for customers to activate their permanent ePO Cloud account. This will allow you to test or switch ahead of renewal without having to contact your account team.

What happens when I use web hybrid sync?

Will my service be impacted if I switch?

• No. Since the legacy platform (Control Console) and the new platform (ePO Cloud) will both remain available service can continue without interruption.