Available now, McAfee announces the release of Management of Native Encryption (MNE) 3.0.1. This release contains several important new product enhancements and defect fixes.
Details of the new enhancements in this release are listed in the section below.
Management of Native Encryption is available in the following Endpoint Security Suites:
- McAfee Complete Data Protection – Essential
- McAfee Complete Data Protection
- McAfee Complete Data Protection - Advanced
- McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection - Business
- McAfee Endpoint Protection for SMB - Advanced
Please refer to the following articles for suitability in your environment:
- Supported Environments: KB79375
- Known Issues: KB84167
MNE is the primary solution for Mac OS X and replaces McAfee “EEMac” that is EOL. For more details, please refer to the EOL/EOS for Endpoint Encryption for Mac 7.0 article: KB79877
Note: The Mac client has not been updated in this release and consequently, the MNE 3.0.1 release package includes the Mac OS X 2.1.0 software package.
New Enhancements in this Release:
Recovery URL (Windows 10)
The release of MNE 3.0.0 included support for Microsoft Windows 10 enabling our customers to seamlessly move to Windows 10.
A new policy setting has been added in this release to provide Administrators with the option to define a customized recovery link (URL) that is displayed on the preboot recovery screen of Windows 10 Microsoft BitLocker clients. Please refer to KB84419 for additional details around Windows 10 support.
Extended Language Support (Windows)
The set of languages supported on the Windows client has been extended in this release from en-us+9 to en-us+23.
The additional 14 languages supported on the Windows client are: Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, and Turkish
Management of Native Encryption 3.0.1 (MNE 3.0.1) is available in the following languages:
- ePO Extensions (MNEAdmin, DPSSP): English, Japanese, French, Spanish, German
- Mac OS X Client: English, Japanese, French, Spanish, German, Korean, Chinese-Simplified, Chinese-Traditional
- Windows Client: English, Japanese, French, Spanish, German, Korean, Chinese-Simplified, Chinese-Traditional, Italian, Portuguese Brazilian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, and Turkish.
- Release Notes for MNE 3.0.1: PD26027
- MNE 3.0 Product Guide: PD25841
- MNE FAQs: KB79614
- Release Notes for MNE 3.0.0: PD25839
For more information:
- Supported Platforms, Environments, and Operating Systems for Management of Native Encryption:KB79375
- Support for Windows To Go:KB82249
- Management of Native Encryption 3.0 Known Issues: KB84167
The product is now available for customers from McAfee Product Downloads with a valid grant number.