The purpose of this document is to assist you on how to install the Next Generation Firewall license from McAfee Security Management Center. Once you have received the license, proceed with the below steps to install the license from the security management center.
McAfee Next Generation Firewall Product Page - http://www.mcafee.com/us/products/next-generation-firewall.aspx
McAfee Next Generation Firewall Expert Center - Next Generation Firewall
Contact McAfee - http://www.mcafee.com/us/about/contact-us.aspx#ht=tab-sales
Note: The license you have received is bound to the unique POS code of the McAfee Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), Once the license is installed on Security Management Center (SMC), the NGFW will identify itself when contacting the management server. The management server allows the use of NGFW if the license POS code matches the reported code. The management server automatically binds the correct license to the NGFW based on the POS code.
Installing the license
1. You can install all the licenses to the Security Management Center (SMC) first, and then contact the Next Generation Firewall from SMC. In that scenario, the Next Generation Firewall will identify itself when contacting the management server.
2. Alternately, you can also contact the Next Generation Firewall from Security Management Center first, and then install the license. For the scenario shown in this document, the Next Generation Firewall has already contacted the management server.
Refer to this link to get assistance on how to add Next Generation Firewall to Security Management Center: NGFW - How to add NGFW to Security Management Center (SMC)
3. Go to Configuration | Administration | Expand Licenses
4. Right click All Licenses | Tools | click Install Licenses
5. Navigate to the folder or desktop where you have copied the Next Generation Firewall license. Select the license and click Install.
6. A pop up window will show up. Click OK and then you will have to install the policy to activate the new license.
7. Once the license is installed, you will notice that the Status of the license is Unassigned. As mentioned in Step 6, once the policy is installed, the license will automatically bind to the Next Generation Firewall based on the unique POS code
8. As seen in the diagram below, the new license is now bound to the Next Generation Firewall based on the unique POS code
- For assistance on How to install management server license from SMC, refer to this link: NGFW - How to install management server license for McAfee Security Management Center (SMC)