What’s New in Host IPS 8.0 Patch 4?
New or enhanced features in Host IPS 8.0 Patch 4 (see Release Notes for details, attached)
- Windows 8.1 / Server 2012 R2 platform support
- This release of Host Intrusion Prevention includes an updated VSCore: version 126.96.36.1993.11
- Windows client adds support for Generic Privilege Escalation Prevention (GPEP) signature content, (GPEP-specific signature content is expected to release in Q2 2014).
- Hotfix reporting capability
- Support for the latest versions of SUSE Linux: SUSE 11 SP1, SUSE 10 SP4, SUSE 10 SP3
- Support for the latest versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux: RHE 6.4, RHE 6.3, RHE 5.9, RHE 5.8
- Updated Extension includes Firewall Adaptive mode warning.
- Updated Extension includes reporting for timed groups usage
Where is McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention 8.0 Patch 4 available from?
Where can I get more information?
Readme information for Host IPS 8.0.0 Patch 4 is available from article number PD25043.
Current Known Issues information for Host IPS 8.0 Patch 4 is available from article number KB78494.
If you want to ask questions or share feedback about this Patch,
use Technical Support Product Discussions - Host Intrusion Prevention (HIPS) 8.0 Patch 4 discussion in System Security on