We are pleased to announce availability of Endpoint Protection for Mac 2.1 (EPM) and VirusScan for Mac 9.6 (VSMac) ahead of Mavericks (Mac OS X 10.9) release. In addition to Mavericks support this release has new features for additional security and management.
New Features in this release:
- Support for Mavericks Mac OS X10.9 - Ensures Mac continues to remain protected after OS upgrade
- Self-Protection - Prevents local users from modifying settings or uninstalling the product
- Monitor On-demand Scan status from ePO - On-Demand Scan start, stop and malware found status would bereported back to ePO
- Option to exclude network volumesfrom On-Demand Scan - Improves scan time
- Ships with McAfee Agent 4.8 Patch-1
You can directly upgrade from McAfee Security for Mac version 1.1, 1.2& 2.0 or VirusScan for Mac 9.1, 9.2 & 9.5. During migration existingePolicy Orchestrator policies & tasks will be upgraded automatically.
Product is available for download from both "Download My Products" webpage using a valid grant number and ePO Software Download Manager.
Following documents are available at knowledge portal:
For known issues, refer to the following knowledge base articles:
Note: McAfee Agent 4.8 Patch-1 is only supported on Mavericks. For details refer to the knowledge base article KB79317.
GroupProduct Manager | Endpoint Protection for Mac