NOTE : EEFF will henceforth be referred to as "File & Removable Media Protection".
The necessary changes for the new product name will be incorporated in the next release v4.3.
We are very close to releasing EEFF v4.2. This release provides several new features that have been requested by customers.
EEFF v4.2 FAQs General : https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-5177
What's New in EEFF v4.2 :
- Delegated Administration through Role‑based Key Management
This functionality enables the logical separation of key management between multiple key administrators. This capability is critical for separation across business functions and subsidiaries. This functionality is
available only to users of EEFF 4.2 with McAfee ePO 4.6, Patch 6 or later.
- Seamless migration to McAfee ePO management
Legacy customers can now migrate keys to McAfee ePO managed versions (and admin levels for ePO 4.6.6) with minimal effort.
- Auditing of key management and policy assignments
The key management and policy assignment related‑actions performed by McAfee ePO administrators are recorded in the audit log. This is critical to ensure compliance and prevent abuse by privileged
- Configurable expiration of key cache
As part of the encryption policy, an option has been added that enables automatic removal of keys from the client key cache after a configurable period of non‑connectivity to McAfee ePO.
- Use of McAfee Common Cryptographic Module (MCCM)
The EEFF client makes use of the McAfee Core Cryptographic Module (MCCM) User and Kernel FIPS 140‑2 cryptographic modules. These cryptographic modules are being validated at FIPS 140‑2 Level 1,
and EEFF now provides an option to install the product in FIPS mode. MCCM also provides performance benefits and, in particular, leverages Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard Instructions
(AES NI), resulting in additional performance improvements on systems with AES NI support.
- Simplified "one click" recovery process for Removable USB Media
Users can more easily recover forgotten passwords for encrypted removable media in onsite mode.
- Configurable authentication methods for removable USB media
Administrators can configure the authentication options available to the user through the Removable Media policy in McAfee ePO.
- Auditing and reporting for CD/DVD/ISO events
End user actions related to CD/DVD/ISO events are captured, with an auditing capability that provides an effective feedback loop for administrators to use in making policy decisions.
- Improved Administrator experience
The improved usability for the administrator includes simplification of policy settings for removable media and CD/DVDs.
- Support for USB 3.0 devices
- Substantial Performance improvements in "delete" operations of files over a network