Pulling and Reposting of Endpoint Encryption for Files & Folders version 4.1 Patch 1

Version 3

Dear customers,

McAfee Endpoint Encryption for Files & Folders (EEFF) version 4.1 Patch 1 was released in April 2013 and was McAfee’s first patch release for EEFF v4.1.

An issue has been identified in the client code which can, over time, impact customers resulting in a BSOD. The release has been temporarily pulled from the McAfee Download Site and the ePO Software Catalog.

What is McAfee doing?

• EEFF 4.1 Patch 1 has been pulled from the McAfee Download Site and the ePO Software Catalog
    • A resolution to the issue has already been identified. The team is currently in the midst of incorporating the fix and performing the necessary QA activities
    • The result will be a new build of EEFF 4.1 Patch 1 + this hot fix as a full installer

The plan is to have EEFF 4.1 Patch 1 + HF on the McAfee Download Site and the ePO Software Catalog very shortly.

What should I do if I have already downloaded the software?

If you have not yet deployed EEFF v4.1 Patch 1, then please delete the files you have downloaded and wait for the Patch + HF to be available on the McAfee Download Site and the ePO Software Catalog.

What should I do if I have already started deployment of EEFF v4.1 Patch 1?

If you have already started deployment, please halt the deployment temporarily and wait for the Patch + HF to be released.

More information on the resolution details and the release timeline for EEFF v4.1 Patch 1 will follow in the next couple of days.