We are excited to release VirusScanEnterprise for Linux 1.9. McAfeeVirusScan Enterprise for Linux (VSEL) delivers always-on, real-timeanti-virus protection for Linux environments.
VSEL provides rich web-basedclient GUI for management. We are pleased to announce that with this releaseVSEL can be completely managed from ePO. Features parity gap between client UIand ePO is addressed in this release. In addition, customers can use theirexisting VSE event based reports to monitor VSEL. We encourage customers tomove to version 1.9 for best VSEL ePO management experience.
- ePO Policies enhancements:
- Enable or disable Web GUIApache services & SMTP notifications
- Enable or disable loggingfrom ePO
- Specify primary and secondaryactions for "Programs and Jokes" for OAS and ODS
- Deploy the product without PAM libraries. No needto install 32Bit PAM libraries on 64 Bit Linux for installation
- Set and manage nails user password directlyfrom ePO
- ePO Reporting Enhancements:
- Scanning summary informationon "Files Scanned" and "Number of Infections"
- Threat information isnow available in ePO
- On-demand scan task statusevents are reported back to ePO
- Performance improvements for On-Demand Scanning
- Integrated context sensitive ePO Help extensionfor VSEL
- Prepackaged with Engine 5600 and MA 4.8
Release Notes, InstallationGuide, Product Guide and Configuration Guide are available along with therelease.
Existing customers candirectly upgrade from VirusScan Enterprise for Linux 1.6, 1.7 and1.7.1.
Links related to this productrelease:
1. Download Product files and Release Notes(external for Customers) using a McAfee Grant Number: http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx. Product is available through Software Download Manager also.
2. Known Issues KB https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78126
McAfee VirusScan Enterprisefor Linux Team