McAfee is pleased to announce the immediate availability of McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC version 7.0 Patch 1!
This patch applies to the Windows implementation only and contains some new features:
- Fast Initial Encryption
- Encrypt your systems in minutes instead of hours! This is an extension of the Offline Activation functionality and follows the same use cases.
- Reactive AutoBoot
- An extension of the traditional AutoBoot functionality. When enabled, the product will monitor Windows authentication requests and if an end user exceeds a specified maximum number of authentication failures, it will automatically enable Pre-Boot Authentication, disable AutoBoot, and immediately reboot the machine.
- Additional BIOS Based tablet support
- Support provided for the Wacom Serial Pen Digitizer in the Motion Computing F5v and F5t.
- Support provided for the Wacom Pen Digitizer in the Motion J3500 Tablet.
If you’d like to learn about these new features, read the FAQ here: https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4739
New fixes for issues include:
- On a Windows XP system, when a BSOD occurs, the memory dump is unusable. This issue is now resolved and memory dumps are generated correctly.
- On a Dell Vostro 3450 system, the BIOS does not support unaligned memory access. This issue is now resolved by adding this system to the list of systems that are incompatible with unaligned memory access.
- On a Asus T101MT system, the error "Failed to display error message" is seen because the BIOS does not support unaligned memory access. This is now resolved by adding this system to the list of systems that lack support for unaligned memory access.
- When using the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) in conjunction with small screens, the keys are difficult to read. This issue is now resolved by enlarging the keys, making it easier for the user to read the keys.
For additional fixes see PD24335.
Notes on Tablets:
As a special note on Windows based Tablet devices, you can direct customers to the following KB items:
- Tablet support for Endpoint Encryption for PC 6.2 Patch 1 and later
- Endpoint Encryption for PC 7.0 Patch 1 and later UEFI testing tool to verify if your tablet will respond to the touch interface
For more information:
Knowledge Base Articles – Windows:
- Supported environments for Endpoint Encryption for PC 7.x on Microsoft Windows
- McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC 7.0 Known Issues
- OPAL drives supported with McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC 6.2 and later
- How to use the OPAL Endpoint Encryption Hardware Compatibility Tool
- How to access Windows Safe Mode when Endpoint Encryption for PC 7.x or 6.x is installed
- Important information about Windows 8 Recovery Tools and the interaction with Endpoint Encryption for PC 7.0
- How to disable Windows 8 Automatic Repair via a login script
- Supported Wacom USB Devices
- Supported tokens for authentication in EEPC 7.0 and EEMac 7.0
- Supported readers for authentication in EEPC 7.0 and EEMac 7.0
The products are now available from the McAfee Product Downloads with a valid grant number.
This patch builds on the success of version 7.0 and introduces some great new features that address customer needs, helping them reduce costs and improve the overall end user experience and acceptance with encryption! The whole team is excited in releasing this product to our customers.
Group Product Manager
McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC