Announcing zero day support for Mountain Lion
Available now, McAfee announces a new build of McAfee Endpoint Encryption for Mac (EEMac) version 22.214.171.1249 that includes zero day support for Mountain Lion, the latest version of Mac OS X released by Apple today!
The major features in this release are:
- Support for Mac OS X“Mountain Lion” 10.8
- Support for GateKeeper, afeature of Mountain Lion.
- All binaries and packagesare digitally signed using Apple's third party Mac developer certificates.
- It is not possible toupgrade an encrypted system toMountain Lion by simply running the Mountain Lion Installer. Review all details provided in KB75514 on the correct procedure for upgrading an encrypted client to Mountain Lion. However you can upgrade a system where the product isinstalled and the disks are not encrypted.
- Support for Mountain Lion will require a new version of bothMcAfee Endpoint Encryption for Mac and the McAfee Agent.
- EEMac 126.96.36.1999
- A new version of the McAfee Agent (MA) on Mountain Lion isrequired before upgrading the Operating System (OS). You have to upgrade/install a digitally signed McAfee Agent on Mountain Lion. The requiredversion is MA 4.6 Patch 2.
For more information:
- Important information about upgrading to Mountain Lion withEndpoint Encryption for Mac
- Supported Mac hardware for Endpoint Encryption for Mac
- Supported environments for Endpoint Encryption for Mac OS X
- Deploying Endpoint Encryption for Mac using Casper
- Support for Mac Boot Camp (Dual Boot - Mac and Windows) withEndpoint Encryption for Mac
- Difference between Endpoint Encryption for Mac and EndpointEncryption for PCs
- How to collect MER results with McAfee Endpoint Encryption forMac
The products are now available from the McAfeeProduct Downloads with a valid grant number.
Senior Product Manager
McAfee Endpoint Encryption for Mac