To our Customers and Partners,
This is a follow on reminder to our communication on June 30th 2011 announcing that McAfee Vulnerability Manager 6.8 will reach its End of Full Service Support on June 30th 2012. The original announcement can be referenced at both the following kb article and McAfee’s EOL webpage:-
What Will Happen on 30 June 2012?
On 30 June 2012, McAfee Foundstone Enterprise / McAfee Vulnerability Manager 6.8 will reach its end of full service support (EoFSS). From that date, technical support will no longer be provided for this version by McAfee's Customer Support organization
What should Customers Upgrade to?
The current version of the product is McAfee Vulnerability Manager 7.5. MVM 7.5 was released on May 25th 2012 and contains the following significant capabilities:-
· Brand New Look and Feel – The entire interface has been redesigned to improve the look and feel and usability of the product, bringing it right up to date!
· Performance Improvements
· Infrastructure Improvements – MVM now runs on Windows 2008R2 and SQL Server 2008R2
· Vulnerability Manager Dashboards – providing customers with immediate visual indications of the security posture in their environment
· IPv6 Scanning Support – MVM now supports scanning in IPv6 networks, and in mixed mode IPv4/IPv6 networks
· Integration with Cyber-Ark – MVM is now able to use Cyber-Ark’s password vault for secure storage of credentials
· Roll up of all of the features we introduced in the 7.0 releases including
- Dynamic and Static Asset tags (for full automation)
- Vulnerability Sets (targeted reporting, including patch supersedence)
- SUDO and powerbroker scanning
- Ports in reports
Note customers with a current maintenance contract who own MVM3000, MVM3100 or MVM2100 appliances are entitled to a free kit to upgrade their appliances to Windows2008R2.
McAfee strongly recommends that customers running Foundstone 6.8 take steps to migrate to a currently supported version prior to the above EoFSS date.