The new McAfee Labs Submission Tool allows customers to safely submit suspicious files for investigation by McAfee Labs and receive a Service Request (SR) number and regular updates.
Reasons to submit sample files for review:
- Suspected malware detection failure (virus not found)
- Clean failure for detected malware
- Suspected false-positive detection
- Suspected false-positive detections from Artemis
- Request for a Threats Library (formerly Virus Information Library) entry to be created for detected malware
McAfee KnowledgeBase article KB68030 at: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68030 explains how to prepare files for submission.
With the file and other information ready, log in to the ServicePortal (https://mysupport.mcafee.com), or the Platinum Portal (https://platinum.mcafee.com), click on “Submit a Sample” under Interactive Support, and follow the instructions.
For information about how to combine multiple Extra.DAT files through the new Combine Tool, refer to KnowledgeBase article KB68061 at: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68061.