Welcome to the McAfee Community! Our mission is to be the place to go for collaboration and idea sharing among customers, partners, and industry experts. We hope you enjoy visiting the community, return often, and become an active member and frequent contributor.
Thank you for taking a moment to review the community guidelines. The guidelines are here to: 1) help you become a valuable contributor to the community, 2) explain what kind of conduct to avoid, and 3) make sure the community is enjoyable for - and respectful of - all our users.
- Keep it clean, keep it professional. Every post should make a positive contribution to the community and should be suitable for all users. The community is open to all points of view on McAfee-related topics. Mature, polite debate is encouraged. We will remove any post or reply that includes derogatory, abusive, offensive, obscene, violent or inappropriate content. Always interact with other users respectfully, as you would in any professional setting.
- Stay on topic. Good contributions help the entire community by providing relevant, insightful information or asking important questions. If your post contains anything unrelated to the topic of the forum or article, it may be removed. For off-topic discussions, please visit our General Discussion areas.
- Be honest, be yourself. The community is intended to be used for the helpful exchange of information between members. False, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading information is generally not helpful. Please be sincere in your community participation by only contributing content you know is accurate, and not misrepresenting your identity or your business qualifications.
- Be careful. This is user-generated content. You'll find an abundance helpful content here, but be aware that your situation, configuration, or implementation will vary. Some advice you find here may even be wrong. Apply the same good judgment here that you would apply to information anywhere on the Internet.
- Submit only your own, original content. Help us maintain the community's reputation and observe the intellectual property rights of others by only submitting content you have personally written or else properly attributed. The community should not be used to distribute unauthorized copies of any copyrighted material.
- Use McAfee official support channels when necessary. The community is first and foremost a peer-based community and not a direct support channel. If you have a technical issue with a McAfee product, please open a Service Request or contact McAfee Support. They will be happy to help!
- Respect the privacy of others. It's up to you, and only you, to decide whether or not to share personal information about yourself or your business. Any post or reply that includes another user's postal or email addresses, phone numbers, or other contact information will be removed immediately.
- Remember your readers. Writing in ALL CAPS or using HTML tags can make your contribution difficult to read. Excessive symbols, special characters, and slang can be equally hard to read and may also be confusing to users who are unfamiliar with their meanings. Try to follow standard email etiquette.
- Do not post unsolicited advertisements. Please respect the community's mission by not using it as a marketing channel or submitting any content you've been paid or otherwise rewarded by a third party to write. Unsolicited advertising will be removed.
- Realize everyone is different. Raw text is ambiguous and often seems ruder than the same words coming from a person standing in front of you. Irony isn't always obvious - text is a flimsy medium without facial expressions, vocal inflection, or body language. Be careful of the words you choose - what you intended might not be what others perceive, and what you read might not be what the author intended.
Content Moderation Rules
Messages may be edited, deleted, or moved to more applicable discussion areas. Community Members may be banned or removed from the community at the discretion of McAfee.
While McAfee does not censor members' thoughts, a post that is deemed not acceptable may be edited or removed without notice. Examples of such posts include:
- "Rants", "slams", or legal threats against McAfee or another company or competitor.
- Threatening, defamatory, or abusive posts, either between forum members or directed towards a moderator, employee, or management.
- Off-topic comments which are unrelated to a thread regarding a McAfee product or related support issue.
- Spam messages or posts repeated in various threads and spaces with little or no reference to relevant topic.
- Language that promotes illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- Vulgar, obscene, or indecent language, information, or images.
- Bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, or religious comments.
- Unauthorized name dropping or private phone numbers and addresses (to protect privacy).
- Unauthorized copyrighted material or plagiarized content.
- Advertisements or posts that contain any form of commercial solicitation.
- Impersonation of another person or affiliation with an entity, including McAfee.
- The dissemination of malware or other destructive material.
The McAfee Logo and McAfee Employees
You will notice that some community members have a McAfee logo under their names. This means they are verified McAfee employees. Like you, they are members of the community and we encourage them to share their knowledge and opinions here.